In my previous blog/s you would have seen how
much respect I have for Tribal Warrior Association and the work they are doing to
empower the Indigenous Community in Redfern and way beyond.
So when I was approached
to get involved on a deeper level with the organisation in relation to coaching
support to their mentors in the area of public speaking. I was thrilled..
When Jeremy Wright “Mentor Co-ordinator”, himself has some 35 years experience in the Sales and Marketing arena, and myself got
together the end result was that I create a workshop to touch upon 3 key areas;
1.
Improve the speaking ability/skills of the
mentors (whilst maintaining their own identity)
2.
To speak with Purpose and passion and connect
with the audience by revealing more about their own journey/struggles along the
way
3.
Effective Team Building/Bonding.
I didn’t realise how involved the twelve or so
mentors are. Three mornings a week they’re up at 4am and will drive the bus,
knock on doors to collect the kids and drive them to boxing. Afterwhich, they’ll
take them to breakfast, home, school if necessary. They will mentor them and
help them with school, find work and co-ordinate extra curricula activities
such as rugby training and so on. Once a week they will have a long meeting to
discuss, key objectives, and other operational matters.
We uncovered Purpose touched on Meditation, Visualisation
and strategies to overcome self sabotage and had alot of fun in the process...
Here’s some of the feedback..
“I’ve
experienced many staff training and team building workshops in my corporate
role in sales and marketing over some 35 years. “Speaking With Purpose” has
been by far the most powerful, insightful and of greatest value for team
building and so much more. I’d recommend it wholeheartedly”.
-
Jeremy
Wright – Mentor Co-ordinator (Tribal Warrior Association)
“Rob
created the environment where our team could bond on a much deeper level. The
love we gained for one another was palpable; through listening and sharing our
stories with one another caused us to learn more about each other. This in turn
has noticeably improved the quality of our team’s working relationships and
increased our productivity”.
Eunice Grimes, Mentor Manager (CSWP)
Thank you very much for the opportunity to work with you on a deeper level Tribal Warrior .






No comments:
Post a Comment